The Christmas retail calendar seems to get busier every year, with more dates to optimise and plan for to drive as many sales as possible over the Christmas peak season, including:
• 24th Nov - Grey Thursday
• 25th Nov - Black Friday
• 28th Nov - Cyber Monday
• 29th Nov - Retargeting Tuesday
• 1st Dec - Throwback Thursday
• 3rd Dec - Small Business Saturday (US)
• 5th Dec – Manic Monday
• 12th Dec - Green Monday
• 17th Dec - Super Saturday
• 18th Dec - Free Shipping Day
• Then comes Christmas itself and the Jan sales!
If you’re in the middle of reviewing your Christmas sales and marketing plans and hitting planning paralysis at the thought of all these dates, this article should provide some clarity.
Read on for our checklist of key customer conversion rate optimisation (CRO) essentials, all of which are fully automated and can be set up in days, saving you time and driving customer conversion throughout the busy Christmas shopping dates.
The list below provides a summary of our conversion recommendations, all designed to maximise key customer touch points throughout the customer journey to purchase. For much more detail on each point, you can download our eBook: How To Convert More Customers This Christmas: 3 Essentials to Online Sales Conversion
- Capture new customer data to build your email list (so you can nurture them through to sale) with a dynamic visit capture overlay
- Remarket to customers that abandon during the customer journey with a browse abandonment email programme
- Use a basket reminder overlay to capture customer emails and encourage purchase
- Recover lost customers with an automated cart recovery programme of emails
- Develop a welcome customer programme to encourage repeat purchase
A strong focus on CRO over the Christmas shopping season should be an essential part of your ecommerce strategy this year. There is ample opportunity to convert customers throughout the buying cycle and to do so in an automated and personalised way to achieve the best results. To learn more, download our free Christmas Conversion eBook: